Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Xbox 360 & ...

Well there has been a lot of "Baby Talk" up here on the blog lately. It's probably time I get back to some geek subjects, such as the Xbox 360 and Harry Potter. So here is the first of what I hope to be several more posts regarding some of my interests, other than Hailee.
First of all, I was asked about my thoughts on the Xbox 360. If you haven't heard about it, you will. The Microsoft hype machine is at full speed promoting this thing. Initially I think the 360 is cool, there is a lot of new functionality that I think is awesome, like selecting your own MP3's from your MP3 player to play during your games, sweet. I think it was released a little bit premature though, the original Xbox hasn't really been out that long and I think it would have been to their benefit to wait and release closer to Sony's upcoming PS3. There is just some technology about the 360 that is "almost cool", a few more months in design and production could have made it more cool, like a Blu Ray or HD DVD drive and better backwards compatibility. Microsoft is doing cool things integrating it with Media Center PC's but does anyone really own one of those, I don't know anyone who does. I don't see myself streaming content from my PC to my Xbox, only major geeks are smart enough to do that stuff anyway. As far as gaming goes, I have been a Sony supporter for a long time, Playstation, PS2 and PSP. So I think I will wait and see what they offer with the PS3, it should be really exciting. I am glad to see Microsoft and Nintendo still in the game though, healthy competition is good for consumers and I think the Xbox 360 will push Sony to make the PS3 great. Video games and consoles are a huge business, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all have a lot to lose or gain in the next couple of years. I find it interesting to follow, there is a lot of trash talking between the companies. For some good resources, check out Engadget or Joystiq, both great blogs for people into electronics or gaming.
Now to Harry Potter, well I haven't seen the new movie yet and I am really anxious to get out there and see it. I am sure once we get things settled down at home with Hailee I will go and see it, I will be sure to post a review online. I know a lot of you out there have seen it, post a comment and let everyone know what you thought.

No comments: