Friday, March 17, 2006

Never too old to wear Green!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Which means that it's also Happy Birthday today to my Mom as well as Brooke's Dad Greg. So Happy Birthday!
I thought today that I was too old to worry about wearing green. So I woke up and got dressed as I normally do. Obviously, I was wrong. Immediately upon arriving at work I was almost assaulted due to the fact that I didn't have green on. I guess the glow in the dark green hands on my watch didn't count. I never really saw St. Patrick's Day as a "real" holiday, I mean you don't even get the day off work. But I guess I need to change my ways and start wearing green. So for the rest of the day I have a green shamrock on my hand, thanks to my fellow co-workers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ty & Brooke. You have the luck of the Irish from both sides of the family. Carol & I have developed the great wisdom that goes alog with being honorary Irish. Some of the wisdom is held in this Irish Prayer:

Take time to work.
It is the price of success
Take time to think,
It is the source of power.
Take time to play,
It is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read,
It is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly,
It is the road to happiness.
Take time to love and be loved,
It is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to share,
Life is too short to be selfish.
Take time to laugh, Lauthter is the music of the soul.