Monday, June 13, 2005

The G.I.M.P.

The two pictures below were edited by me using The G.I.M.P. in about 15 minutes or so (I am sure it's not the best you have seen, but for 15 minutes and a "first timer" it's not bad). So if you are looking for an alternative to the very expensive Photoshop, then I recommend The G.I.M.P.. It is a free photo editing program that is closely related to Photoshop and near as powerful. You can download it by clicking here. The program is really easy to use if you have ever used Photoshop, but will take some time to learn if you haven't. Most of it's uses are for advanced photo editing and because it's open source there are tons of add-on's to download and make the program even more powerful. If you are interested in an easy photo editing and organizing software check out my post about Picasa here. (Click on the Before and After pictures for bigger versions)

No comments: