Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Deathly Hallows (No Spoilers)

Well I finished the 7th and final Harry Potter book last night. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. It's probably the fastest I have ever read that many pages, I only started reading on Sunday night. J.K. Rowling does it again and doesn't disappoint. It's hard to really say much about it without revealing any spoilers, suffice it to say that the book was excellent. Up until now the 4th book, Goblet of Fire, was my favorite and I really think this one might take the top spot. I will probably read it again before I decide though. A word of caution, when you get to about the last 200 pages, prepare to read the rest of the book in one sitting, you won't be able to put it down.
Leave your comments about Deathly Hallows and let me know what you thought about the book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will post a comment. I read the book - the whole 760 pages in 24 hours. Any of you who know me understand what kind of feat this is for someone who NEVER reads books and has ADD! Without spoiling anything it is hard to leave much of a review, so for now I will just say that she is a brilliant writer and left me very satisfied, and of course I cried like I have done with the last 3 Potter books. Can't say it was my favorite but when you have to tie 6 books together you can't ask for much more.

Jeff said...

I finished it tuesday night and I am complete. There was nothing more that I could have hoped for.

The only sad thing is that there isnt much to look forward to.

Marcy said...

I just finished the book a few days ago and Kirk just started listening to it. I can't wait to talk to another person who has finished it so I don't have the fear of giving anything away. She did a great job of tying everything together. It kept me wondering on on the edge nearly to the last page.