Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Barbeque Birds

When springtime showed up, we noticed some suspicious activity on our deck next to our grill. Twigs and bird poop all over the deck. So where were the birds?
We took the cover off the grill only to find this!
After a discussion with Ty about how I'd rather buy a new grill than to ruin the nest, he won and we cleaned it up. We left the cover off so they wouldn't come back to build the nest again. However, the next day we still kept seeing birds all over our deck. We thought they were just checking to see if the cover was back on so they could go back to work until we opened the grill and found this!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have decided that I want to get involved with Bird Refuge and Conservation. Let's get a new BBQ. :-)
http://weber.com/grills/?glid=2&mid=6

Matt and Elisa said...

Too Funny! I just looked at my friends blog and she has a post of the exact same thing! They have 4 little blue eggs in their nest. She wanted to know what to do with it. I'll have to tell her what happened to you guys.

Amy Mann said...

Wow, I guess we had better check ours, that is crazy!

Juline said...

that is so freaking crazy! I can't believe that. Sorry I didn't call you back to hang out. Next week maybe.You guys going to come in and see me soon. I am working Thursday and Friday night this week. Let me know. We should hang out soon. I don't work on Saturday...peace

Unknown said...

Looks like they were execting a BIG family! At least your post isn't titled, "Barbequed Birds!"

Jamie said...

That is crazy! I'm surprised you didn't find any eggs!

-Kaleena-Your Blog Administrator said...

That is sooo funny!