Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jake's 1st Birthday!

Jake had a great birthday party! I can't believe my little baby is one! He had a pirate birthday party (of course, what else?). Here is the cake I made, I was so proud of myself as this is the first birthday cake I've ever made for my kids and I thought it turned out pretty good! You can read all about it and how to make it on my cooking blog here.

Here's Hailee & Jake ready and waiting to eat!
Jake did a great job with the pinata. He swung that bat like a pro. I may have a little "sportie" on my hands!




This is one spoiled kid! Look at all this fun stuff he got. I think he is just very loved.
Cake Time!
We started him off small...
Then decided to just let him go for it, he is one after all...
And I think he won the messiest kid of all time contest!
But we got him cleaned up. Here are all the grandkids on the Gibson side (well, at least the ones that live in Utah).
Hailee hammin' it up!And new toys for both kids to play with!
We had a great time! Thanks to everyone who came and participated, we loved having all of you there! Jake is a lucky little guy to have so many people who love him!

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Can't remember if I commented on your cooking blog or not, but that cake is AWESOME!! You are very talented and creative. Again we are so sorry we missed it. It's been a while since we've seen you and we need to do something. You sure have cute kids!

Matt and Elisa said...

the party looked like a ton of fun! Sad we missed it. The cake is so cool. I'll have to have you make my kids next cake :)

Sherice said...

Oh, I am still so sad we had to miss that. Your cake turned out amazing!! I'm gonna have to go over to "cookin brooke" to see just how you made that masterpiece. I can't believe little Jake is already 1!! I swear you just had him. He is such a little stud though, and you are right- I think he definitely wins the messiest cake face- hands down! Thank goodness for wet wipes eh? Hope things are going well for you guys. Gol, I should have just called you on the flippin' phone, gotta novel goin' on here. Okay, I'm done. Good bye.

Whitney said...

Love the mess he made, awesome!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Jake! I'm bummed we missed it, I would've loved seeing him dive right into that yummy chocolate cake. It looks like he really enjoyed his first birthday :)