Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fly or Drive?

We were thinking of going on a little trip to AZ in a few weeks and I had mentioned to Hailee that we might get to go fly in an airplane. She was pretty excited. Then I looked up the prices! Ouch! I called my sister-in-law to get the scoop on how it would be to travel 12 hours with two little ones. After I got off the phone with her, I had a pretty funny conversation with Hailee:

Me: Well Hailee, it looks like we're probably gonna drive to AZ.
Hailee: Nooooo, I don't want to drive!
Me: Why not?
Hailee: Because airplanes are really, really fast and cars are really, really slow.
Me: I know, but it costs a lot of money to go in an airplane.
Hailee: But mom, you HAVE a LOT of money!
Me: I do?
Hailee (with a very contemplative look): Well........(pause/thinking)..........I HOPE so!
Me: Well, it will be fun, we can stop every few hours at the gas station to get treats and use the potty.
Hailee: But mom, I like to go potty on airplanes!
Can't argue with her on that one, airplane bathrooms are quite a novelty, aren't they!? Love that little girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too! I love to fly on the airplane. :0)

Unknown said...

Put that girl on the debate team in high school!