Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cake Class

I realize I don't have a talent in this area, which is why I took a cake decorating class. My mom signed us up and we had a lot of fun. So I know these aren't great, but here are a few that I've done. I did learn some good tips, although I need to keep working on my techniques.

Here's the cake I made after our first class with the elements we learned that day. This was for my mom's birthday. I thought this would've looked better with some different colors, so I went and bought new food coloring after I made this one. Who knew there were other food colors besides the little box of four you buy at the grocery store? Not me!
Here's my Valentine's day cake. Not great, but I was excited about how I got it shaped like that. I poured half the cake batter in a 9" square pan and half the batter in a 9" circle pan. Then I laid the square cake on my board like a diamond, cut the circle one in half and added it to the top two edges of the square cake. Like this...
I liked how these turned out. These are my cute little superbowl cupcakes.
And here's the cake I made on my last day of class. I even made all those roses myself! I think I made about 50 of them and then chose the best seven for the cake! It turned out pretty good though.
My mom & I had a lot of fun taking the class together. On to course 2!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I think that you have got the natural talent. Those are amazing. I always wanted to learn how...just don't think that I have the patience to do so. Can't wait to see more of those awesome looking cakes/cupcakes.

Unknown said...

You MADE those cupcakes? I thought they were store-bought! Sorry! They were absolutely darling!!!! Great job!

Whitney said...

Great job! I have been wanting to do the same! Just think I might come summer time!

kdance10 said...

Oh my those cupcakes are darling and look so YUMMY know i'm craving a cupcake:) All your cakes look great.

Kaleena said...

You did such a great job! The roses looked beautiful, they are hard to master too.

Kaleena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

You need to give me a cake decorating lesson now! Very impressive!

Sherice said...

Holy cow Brookie!! Those are amazing! Rose's- seriously. I've always wondered how they do those, it is a frosting mystery to me. Way to go!! If you ever need a taste-tester- you have my number.