Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New

My laptop was dying. It took a long time for me to admit it. I don't like to spend money, I like to save money. Ty kept telling me I needed a new one and I told him it was fine, I could handle how slow it was, and how long it took to load a picture or video, and how long it took to recognize I had just clicked the mouse...By the time I was having to login with my password, go do something else, and come back to it "later", I realized he might be right. It's one thing to have a slow computer, but to wait upwards of ten minutes just to login? Even when I tried to open Firefox, it would take two minutes to open the browser. By then, I had clicked on it another few times, so a bunch of separate browsers would open all at once. Then (and I still don't get this), if I tried to close one of the ten browsers, it would close all of them! Ok, so it was time. I'd suck it up and spend the money that I would've rather put in savings. I know, rough huh? So he asked me what I wanted. My two requirements, small and cute. He asked about RAM and processors and GIG's and whatever else and I told him I just wanted the bare minimum, I didn't need anything fancy. I almost got the 10 inch, but found out it doesn't support MS Office. Ok, so I did need that. The 11" supported that. 11 inches! How cute is that? And of course when he asked about colors for a little extra $$, I had to do that. You've got to at least add the important things, right? So, here I am, typing this post on my small and cute 11" shiny pink fast(er) computer. Maybe now I will be willing to blog a little more often:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So CA-UUUUTE!

Jamie said...

So jealous!!!!