Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Project

I'm not a crafter, never have been. I have, however, found a little project that I am totally stoked about! I am going to do this (I'm telling myself this because it's a rare occasion that I actually finish a personal project that I've started...hence the moving on to this new project before I finish the living room remodel...I'll finish it eventually...I think). Anyway, more than I am not a crafter, I am NOT an artist. Hopefully from these pictures, you will be able to tell what plans I have in mind for this...wait for it...quiet book! I assure you, it is going to be the cutest quiet book you have ever seen. I'm also not creative (wow, I'm really dogging myself on this post, huh? I'm just not a right brained person, no big deal, I have my qualities), so I'm just copying the cutest pages I've seen from other books and mixing them up to form my own VERY cutest quiet book. Here are the blogs I used to pull most of my ideas from. I did add and change a few things here and there.

joeandanna.blogspot.com
(She's working on hers right now too and I can't wait to see her finish it because it is one of the cutest I've ever seen)

quietbook.blogspot.com (I love her picnic & food idea)

homemadebyjill.blogspot.com (I love the simplicity of her pages, but they are so cute! The barn and the paper doll ideas were my favorite)

Here are the lovely sketches for my page plans (each quarter page below will be one whole page of the book):


I'll post pictures as I get them done.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Wow! Looks like so much work - but totally worth it. Maybe you should just make 2 and I'll buy the other one from you :) Thanks for the cute ideas - good luck and I'm anxious to see the final product!

Sherice said...

You go girl! Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like it will be a child's dream book:)

Whitney said...

Cute! I tried to start a quiet book. I got about 3 pages done and then decided it took a lot of time! But, you are more of a go getter than I, so I can't wait to see your finished product. Maybe I will get to gett'n on mine again!