Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm getting so big!

Hailee's personality has really come out lately and I can't believe how much of a little girl she is, instead of a baby. She has her own agenda and always knows what she wants to do. The other day as I was putting away laundry, I went to check on her and this is what I found her doing...


These are a couple of her other favorite things to do...



It's been a loooong winter for our family. I don't know if it's just been bad for everyone, or if it's because we are now parents with a child that passes germs around like candy, but we have been sick with everything under the sun this season. We keep passing things around between me, Ty and Hailee that it seems the three of us haven't all been well all at the same time. Right now, we are...we're keeping our fingers crossed.

This picture below is the very first time Hailee has ever been sick and it was so sad. Anyone who knows Hailee knows that she doesn't sit still for a split second and on this particular day, I picked her up early from school because they said she wasn't feeling well. When I got there, they were holding her all wrapped up in a blanket and she was as white as a ghost. This is her at home. We laid her in the love sac and she just played with her toys while she was laying down. Truly, this is something she would never do.

As sad as it was, I have to admit, as a mom I enjoyed when Hailee was sick. It was the first time since she was born that she allowed me to just hold her in my arms and rock her. I have always wanted to do that and she has never let me. When I try to rock her before bed she just points to her crib and grunts until I lay her in it.

One of my most recent favorite things to do is try new things with her hair. She has so much of it and it is getting so long. This is Hailee sporting one of her new hairstyles.

1 comment:

Amy said...

She is getting to big!!! She's so cute! Keep posting the pics. I love viewing them from China... :-)