Tuesday, March 22, 2011

55 in 500

You know how there are always a million things on your mind that you want to work on, projects you want to finish, activities you've always wanted to do and it seems like they never get done? Well, writing this list made me realize why...at least for me anyway. How could anyone ever do anything when there are this many things circulating through your head?! The scary part is how easy it was to come up with a list of 55 things. It was actually hard to narrow them down!

This is an idea I got from a couple of the blogs I follow. It is really just a means of giving myself some accountability for getting things done and the personal recognition in seeing things come off my "to-do" list. Things I want to do with a deadline! I'll come back to this post and edit them as I finish them. I broke them out into categories and after I realized how selfish I was, I added the "service" section and moved everything I'm working on for my kids to that section. I'm serving them, right? Ok, that makes me feel better. Even so, I do really have to get some of these things done! So,here they are:

55 Things to Do in 500 Days
Start: March 23rd, 2011
Finish: August 5th, 2012

Projects

1. Sand & Paint Hutch - Ty painted it for me while I was on vacation! 5/28/11.2. Finish sewing living room pillows
3. Create 2010 family "yearbook"
4. Paint DVD holder
5. Paint frame
6. Hang picture
7. Scan old pictures8. Start on 2011 family "yearbook"


Service
9. Finish quiet book
10. Remodel dollhouse for Hailee
11. Create 1st 5 years of Hailee book
12. Make a felt playhouse for the kids
13. Make felt food for the kids - Completed 4/9/11 No need to make! I found these at IKEA!
14. Scan old pictures from mom and dad
15. Create digital scrapbook of growing up
16. Find a service to provide someone in need monthly for 6 months

Health & Fitness
17. Get weight down to 130 - Completed 9/11
18. Run a 5K - Completed 5/27/11! Time 36:30. Another one 7/4/11! Time: 35:40.
19. Incorporate fruit or vegetables into EVERY meal for a week
20. Get up to and maintain 3 miles running - Completed 5/27/11

Family
21. Throw 60 b-day party for dad Completed 4/2/11 Post to come!
22. Go on a family vacation (at least twice/yr.) Disneyland-May, Bear Lake-July.
23. Take a spontaneous weekend trip to somewhere close - St. George Oct. 2011
24. Get family pictures taken
25. Go on a picnic Completed 4/19/11 & 5/7/11
26. Hike at Snowbasin with the kids

Personal
27. Go to the cannery
28. Read my GPS running watch manual
29. Write in journal at least once a month for 6 months
30. Finish reading "The Lost Symbol"
31. Finish reading "The Choice"
32. Take a sewing class
33. Sell something(s) on eBay, Craigslist or KSL

Finance
34. Complete a no spend month - Completed October 2011 (More like less spending than usual month)
35. Call gift card companies to find current balances
- Completed 4/21/11 $392.96!!
36. Use up ALL my gift cards
37. Sell dining table and chairs

Home & Organization
38. Clean out fridge weekly for two months
39. Create daily "stay home day" schedule - Completed August 2011
40. Create chores for kids - Completed 3/23/11 Using Chore Pad
41. Have kids do chores on home day before play for two months
42. Organize pantry - September 2011
43. Organize hall closet - 1 shelf 4/15/11
44. Clean out under stairs
45. Clean out storage shed
46. Organize bathrooms under sinks - 1 bathroom 4/15/11, 2 bathroom Oct. 2011
47. Organize kids clothes - Halfway there!
48. Go through house and get rid of EVERYTHING we don't use or love
49. Revamp office space

Food
50. Create a 10-meal menu rotation
51. Create a batch of freezer meals
52. Plant a garden - Completed 5/22/11
53. Maintain garden
54. Create a "staples" grocery list - Completed 3/23/11 Get it here
55. Cook my way through a cookbook


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheesh! I'm tired, and need to go lie down now.

Tharesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tharesa said...

Hi Brooke!

Nice Blog! I love the layout! We are glad to see Chore Pad has helped! We linked your Blog on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ChorePad

Tharesa

Sherice said...

Oh Brooke~ can I borrow you for a day? I love how you make a 'list' of things to accomplish. I run around with post-it notes everywhere trying to remember all of the dumb things I need to do. I like your simplicity~ good luck! I'll be excited to see how this goes:)