Friday, July 15, 2005

ICE, In Case of Emergency

I was just emailed an article that I read and thought was pretty good. So I thought I would share the idea with everyone. As more and more people are getting cell phones, the technology is being used in many new and interesting ways. Well, this new trend many people are doing with cell phones, could save your life.
The idea is I.C.E. This stands for In Case of Emergency. What people are doing is programming ICE into their cell phones and the corresponding number is an emergency contact for you. This will come in handy if you are injured in an accident, say a terrorist bombing, and maybe unconscious. A rescuer or someone near you could scroll through your phone and call the ICE number to let them know you are injured. Actually the citizens of London are all being asked to do this, so that rescue teams can easily contact a relative or friend. The Seattle Fire Department is already using it.
I thought this was a pretty good idea and programmed an ICE number into my phone. So if any of you find me unconscious one day, you know what to do.
It works two ways however, first we must program it into our phones and second we must check others phones in the event we come upon an accident. And also in order for it to work we must share it with others, which is what I am doing here, so feel free to pass along the article or my post to anyone you think would be interested.
If you would like to read the article click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I your I.C.E. contact ? ---- -- superman

Unknown said...

Superman? As apealing as having Superman as my ICE contact would be, sorry no.