Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Red Box

If you are like me, you hate Blockbuster. I hate how it costs $6.00 to rent a movie when you can buy it for $15.00 at Target. I hate how Blockbuster "pretends" they don't have late fees. I hate how the movies are due by noon. I hate that they never have the movie you want.
There is an alternative if the movie you want to rent is a new release. McDonalds now has "Red Box", you can rent movies through a vending machine at McDonalds. They only have new releases, but they only cost $1.00 per night. You can rent from any Red Box location and return the DVD to any Red Box location.
Currently if you want your first DVD free, use the promotion code "free". I have tried it a couple of times and I think it's a great idea. Look for McDonalds to expand Red Box all over the nation, plus other companies are sure to join the trend. Dinner and a movie is on the way home.

No comments: