Wednesday, April 19, 2006

10,000 Days

I was able to obtain the 10,000 Days album last night in it's entirety. I haven't had a ton of time to listen to it, 1 and 1/2 so far. It's very good, so anyone who is interested it is readily available online now and available in stores on May 2nd. I like to support my favorite bands, so I will be purchasing the album on May 2nd, besides the copy online isn't the quality I would prefer.

Update: After now listening to the album several times through, it is amazing. Again it's refreshing to have some new music that is good and thought provoking (see post above). Anyone who is interested in the band or this kind of music will enjoy it. Of course I understand that Tool isn't for everyone, in fact it's probably not much of interest to many who read this blog. But I have been excited about it for a while and it's what I am listening to lately, so it's up on the blog. So far my favorites are Vicarious, The Pot and Jambi. Good stuff.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey did High speed ever come to the old hood ?

Unknown said...

Last I checked it was supposed to be available.

Anonymous said...

So did you ever get it ?

Unknown said...

Nope, although available it's still too expensive.

Anonymous said...

bummer Well i caught the tool song on the radio tonight and I have to say that I was let down. Its sounded just like the last super long tool song.

I swear that song should have had a number 2 behind it. I enjoy a longer song like the next guy but man there was nothing new. I think that I am more of a Perfect Circle fan.

Unknown said...

That's too bad that you didn't like it. I guess there were pretty high expectations for this album because it's been 5 years since the last one. A lot of people are dissapointed by it. Most people expect a large change from album to album with this band. I suppose there isn't much of a change from the last album Lateralus, although I really liked that album too. Check out some other songs on the CD and you will see some changes.
Try Jambi, Rosetta Stoned or The Pot. These are readily available online now. For a head start, go here. http://www.g2p.org/ Type in and search for 10,000 Days. It should bring up what you need.

Anonymous said...

will do