Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Random Crap

Well I realized that I haven't been keeping up on the blog that well lately. I know it's mostly been pictures of Hailee, not that anyone has complained. But I figured I would start putting up more posts and maybe it will be more interesting for those of you who do visit the blog. Hopefully it will provide an opportunity for the blog to be more interactive, so that we can have comments other than "Hailee is so cute", of course as a proud father I don't mind comments like that. Anyway, there will continue to be numerous pictures of Hailee, but I wanted to start posting some other stuff too. Mostly what I will be posting is random stuff, posts about music or movies and just what I am thinking about today. But as the title says "This is a blog of my random thoughts and anything that I feel like writing", so there you go.

So today I was thinking of a few things. I was writing a letter to Bryce and telling him how Hailee was doing and how she was getting stronger. I was just thinking how crazy it is how we are born, I am talking about the condition in which we are born. I mean we can't even hold up our own heads when we are born, we can't do anything by ourselves. So there is just no way we could survive without parents. But how animals are different, a animal can have a baby animal and abandon it, the animal baby actually has a chance of surviving where a child wouldn't. Is that weird?

I was also thinking that I am way excited about the new Tool CD coming out. If anyone is interested go here. A lot of people know that although controversial they are one of my favorite bands. (Maybe I will post someday on why they are controversial, but why you should listen to them anyway) There is just such a lack of good music lately, everyone has a gimmick or is just in it to make money. I blame American Idol for a lot of it, although listening to Kelly Clarkson is one of my guilty pleasures. It's refreshing to listen to a band like Tool, they are original and they really focus on the music. The songs are epic and interesting, check out their last album Lateralus, it's great. I have been listening to a lot of Tool lately gearing up for the new album. The problem with Tool is that they only release an album every 5 years or so, but luckily for me in this time of crappy music, 2006 is a year they are going to release a new album, next month in fact. So I am excited.

Ok so here are some recent movies that I have seen that are good, maybe I will get around to writing reviews, they just take a lot of time.
V for Vendetta: this was a great movie, good story with some nice twists.
King Kong: I got the DVD and watched it again, it's still good, but still too long.
Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire: Again, watched the DVD and loved it again, the best in the HP series so far.

Music I have been listening to lately.
Panic! At the Disco: Pretty good, sort of punk style band.
U2: Again because of lack of recent good music, I return to some older music that is good. I have lifted my ban on listening to Bono.
Rise Against: Punk stuff with a little edge, it took a couple times through for me to like them, but I really do now.
Tori Amos: Again, good stuff that took me a while to like, but on a cool rainy day, Tori just fits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ty did you watch the deleted stuff from harry potter ? They were pretty weak

Unknown said...

Yes, I have actually been dissapointed in the deleted scenes from all the Harry Potter DVD's.