Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Famous Mormon's

I saw this site the other day and I thought it was pretty funny. It's a Famous Mormon's site, dedicated to listing and giving information on Famous Mormons.
Click Here to check it out.
I thought a lot of you might think it was interesting and kind of funny. It happened because Susan (Brooke's Mom) and I were talking on Sunday about how there is actually quite a few famous people who are LDS, or were LDS. I didn't realize there is actually an internet site dedicated to the subject. Some might surprise you and some might not.
Of course many people are aware of Mitt Romney, the LDS Governor of Massachusetts. He has been in the news a lot lately, there is a rumor he might run for President in the next election. So here is my question for today. Is America ready for a Mormon President?
My answer: Not yet and probably not for a while, if ever. While I don't think there is anything wrong with having an LDS President, I just don't think that mainstream America could handle it. Could you imagine all of the questions and rumors? I know there is a long history of religious presidents, in fact it seems a candidate must be religious in order to get the votes of mainstream America. Of course the majority of the population is Christian, so it's a key demographic.
I think we will have a Woman President before a Mormon President. But who knows, Mitt won the election in the liberal state of Massachusetts, so maybe he will get his chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that there will never be a mormon Pres Mitt would be a good one but there is no way... I did enjoy that site my dad has a book thats sort of the same thing...

Anonymous said...

Cool! I got referenced on the famous Ty's World blog! Oh. . .and the site for famous mormons is awesome!