Monday, November 10, 2008

The Best Husband in the World!

I've been feeling bad because before I had Hailee, I had her whole nursery done and beautiful long before she was born. Well, Jake is 10 weeks old and I haven't done anything with his room. I just haven't had the time (or the energy for that matter). We put his furniture in there and bought some pirate bedding, but that was about the extent of it. Well, I went to Phoenix with the kids for the week to visit my brother and Ty's sister. Ty wasn't able to come. Well, you'll never believe what I came home to!!!

He painted all the walls red, bought the pirate flag and even found the cool treasure map from Pottery Barn. Our good friends Jeff and Juline contributed their touch with the cute vinyl lettering on the wall. It was such a surprise. I really think I have the best husband in the whole world!

7 comments:

Mindi D said...

Happy Birthday Hailee! I can't believe she is 3! They are all growing soo fast!

Jamie said...

What a good surprise!! That is so nice of him! Good decorating Ty!! Happy Birthday Hailee... does that mean York is almost 3?! Aaaahhh!! I don't want them to grow up.

Unknown said...

Well I do have my moments. :-) It was a fun project to work on and it kept me busy while I was alone for a week.

Amy said...

What a great surprise!!! Great job, Ty!!! I love then room! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEE!!

Marcy said...

Ty- that's so funny you acted all nonchalant when I called you to get Brooke's #. I guess you didn't want to risk giving the suprise away. Good job on the room! Maybe it will inspire Kirk to let me paint the walls something other than beige.

Tasha said...

That is so awesome! What a fun room, and a great surprise.

Sherice said...

What the!! His room looks awesome!! Ty, I am so impressed. Now you can come to my house and do a little long overdue decorating of my kids' rooms. I love the red walls. Way to go!! Oh, and happy birthday to Hailee!!