Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight

Well, I went to the midnight showing of twilight last night. I had really high expectations, probably too high. I knew that there's no way it would be as good as the book, but I was still a little disappointed. I didn't really like the director's style all that much. However, I did enjoy it and I think it was an entertaining film. I really liked the casting. I thought Edward and Bella were great. Although lot's of people are complaining about the special effects, I thought they were pretty good. The baseball scene was my favorite. What I didn't like is that the whole thing just seemed too serious and I felt like the books were a lot more lighthearted. Also, of course, it's difficult to be objective when you are noticing everything that they are cutting out of it. They did fit a whole lot in though and stayed very true to the books, but that also made me feel like they were just skimming past all of the detail in order to fit everything in. So that made me wonder what someone thinks of it that hasn't read the books. I wonder if they'd be a little lost.t All in all, I'd say it was pretty good. If I were going to rate it (under Ty's rating system), I'd probably give it 3 out of 5 stars. I still plan on going to see it again and I'm looking forward to it. Now I know what to expect, so I can just enjoy it without analyzing it too much. Here is a link to a review that I really liked because his thoughts were right along the same lines as mine:

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/11/20/review-twilight/

If any of you go see it, please comment and let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Manny and I went to see it last night and we both really liked it! I was really worried about Edward, but I thought he did a good job... I think my expectations were low because I thought he was a horrible choice as an actor, but he surprised me! Manny hasn't read any of the books either :)

Mindi D said...

I was a litte dissapointed. Edward, Carlise, and Jasper were WAY below my expectations. The rest did a good job. I found myself laughing alot, which it's not a comedy so that's not right.. too many awkward love moments or something..I also want to go see it again now that I know what to expect.

Matt and Elisa said...

I agree with youon your "review". I finally saw it last night and I thought it was okay. The special effects were really bad. I think tv shows do a better job than they did with this movie. The diamond skin thing was so cheesy. I thought the acting was good. I think Bella was perfect.

Anonymous said...

Amy said:

Everyone I talked to hated it! They said it was so awful, it was low budget and more of a high school movie. They thought that younger girls may like it. They had a group of 15 girls and only one liked it! I am not planning on seeing it! They told me all about it and it doesn't even sound good, maybe it will be worth a "red box" rental!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.