Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Official Handoff

Well the time has come, I am officially handing the blog responsibilities over to Brooke. I started this blog in April of 2005 with this post. It's been fun and I have enjoyed having an outlet for some creativity and just a place to write whatever I wanted.
Lately it seems that most of the interest in this blog is family related, which is cool. However when I started my blog one of the reasons was for some creative expression on my part. I feel that most of the people who visit this blog are interested in pictures and stories about our family and our children. I think this blog is a great place for that type of information and I am glad so many people have chosen to see into our lives. We average about 20 visits a day from friends, family and anyone just stopping by. Brooke has wanted to make the blog very family oriented with "cute" backgrounds and all sorts of stuff that doesn't really go with the content that I want to provide. I have held a hold on the content of this blog, but we decided it would be fun to see what Brooke can do with it. Look for many "cute" improvements in the days and weeks to come.
But never fear, you aren't getting rid of me entirely. I will, of course, continue to post on this blog and I have started a new blog of my own where I am free to control the content without any complaints from Brooke. So come check out my new home, although it will look very familiar until I get some time to make some changes. My new blog address is http://www.tygibson.net and there is a permanent link on this blog in case you forget. Come by and check it out, read, and comment.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I hope we didn't feel like you were being kicked out of the blog! You're the reason we all started ours!! I love your input!

Marcy said...

Ty - now I'm feeling guilty for turning "Kirks Place" into more like "Marcy's Place". Oh well, Kirk is SOL since he never posted. I check out the new home.