Friday, November 14, 2008

Technology

I was just thinking about how cool it is what we can do with technology now. I think back to when I was a kid and we didn't have anything! I remember when we first got the internet at our house and were totally amazed when someone could send us an email and we could get it instantly! To all my high school friends...how cool would it have been if we'd had texting available when we were in high school!?! We would actually carry around pagers and in order to know who was calling, we'd leave our "code numbers" at the end of the phone number. When we received a page, we'd have to go find a phone and sometimes that meant a pay phone. It totally cracks me up!

Even in recent years I've lost touch with so many friends and in the last several months have been able to reconnect with them through blogs and facebook. I love to be able to spend a few minutes a day and just be able to see what everyone is up to and what's going on in their lives. I have no excuse to ever lose touch with anyone ever again!

4 comments:

Juline said...

I hear ya! I remember hearing the phone line come on waiting to connect. Funny! I was just telling Jeff the other night. What would be like to live today with computers and everything and then go back in time and deal with a typewriter (is that one word or two...see I don't know because I never use that word.) Crazy!!!

Sherice said...

Ha Ha..I was just picturing my beloved purple pager from back in the day (code number 11). Back when I would have been lost without it! Now look at us, blogging up a storm- I am so thankful for the technology we have today as well. Without it, I may as well be living in a cave. Some days it is the only way I feel connected to the outside world!! Hope all is well!

Julie said...

Howdy neighbor! I found your blog on Tasha's! Check out my blogs listed on my profile! I'm also on facebook too! I am an addict to blogging/facebook. I'll add you guys to my link list! Good to keep in touch since we never talk over our back fence!

Jay and Mel said...

I love that you blogged about this. Could you imagine all the things we could could have coordinated back then. Probably good, we would have never seen our families. Plus, it's funny that you talk about having a pager in high school-I don't think I even held one in my hand back then. Wow, I've come a long way! I am also so grateful for all the people that I have found through technology and I also have no excuse for not keeping in touch. I really hope that we can all go for lunch or something when I get into town.