Monday, May 23, 2005

Music Info

A little info on what I am currently listening to and some recommendations for music. I have a varied range of music I like, so if you take my recommendations, be warned and listen before you buy. I have included web sites for each band where you can listen to some songs and see if you like it. If you like it, you know who to contact for a CD.
The Used, In Love and Death: I just received this CD from my friend Josh. This is a band from Provo and they seem to have made it pretty big. I really didn't like them at first, but I didn't give them much of a chance. However after listening to this latest CD I am rather pleased with them, still a little bit of screaming here and there but not too bad. I might even have to give their first album another listen. Be warned, just because they are from Provo doesn't mean they are wholesome.
Jimmy Eat World, Futures: This is a great disc, I seem to be coming back to it over and over. It is a little bit more "rock" than "punk" so it's nice and a little more mature than some of the other stuff I listen to. I will give this CD a high recommendation because it will appeal to a more broad audience than most of what I listen to and it's really good.
Reggie and The Full Effect, Songs Not to Get Married To: This is for those of you who want to experiment a little bit, this band is a little unusual. For sure they are a "listen before you buy" group. Another band referred to me by Josh a while ago that I just couldn't get into. But he just sent me another disc and requested that I give them another try. I am really getting into this new disc and am thinking I will give them another chance.
Keane: Jeff and Juline found this band and I listened to the CD just this weekend. I haven't listened to it a lot, but have made it through the disc all the way through. I didn't even realize it but I recognized a couple of the songs, I must have heard them on the radio. So far I really like what I hear, it's a little mellow and there is no guitar but a piano. I needed a little bit of a change from the same old stuff so this CD is just what I was looking for.
Green Day, American Idiot: The more I listen to this disc, the more I like it. I think that Green Day has really grown up with this latest album. The songs flow together and tell a story, sort of. The disc has been referred to by many critics as a "Rock Opera". It's a good disc for anyone who likes Green Day or similar artists.
Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin: Something Corporate is Brooke's favorite band right now and Jacks Mannequin is the lead singer Andrew's side project. Piano Punk Rock, I know it sounds weird, but it works. Something Corporate has a couple of albums out, I recommend "Leaving Through The Window" over "North" but they are both good. Jacks Mannequin doesn't have an album out yet, but you can listen to a couple of songs on their web site. The album should be out this summer.

No comments: