Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Playstation 3

The Playstation 3 has been revealed, although it probably won't be for sale until late 2006. Head on over to Playstation.com or here for more info. The console itself looks cool, however I am not too sure about the controller, I will have to feel it in my hands first. The specs are awesome, this thing is going to be able to do everything, but some of the coolest features are backwards compatibility even as far as PS1 games, 7 wireless controllers, HD support, USB ports, Wireless Internet and compatibility with the PSP. But the biggest problem with the PS3, I probably won't be able to afford it.
It should be interesting to see the future of consoles, with the XBOX 360 coming out almost a year before the PS3 they could get a big jump on things. The PS3 will be twice as powerful however so people might be willing to wait a year. It's too early for me to make a prediction, but both Microsoft and Sony are making some serious strategic moves to be #1 in the market. Being that I am a PS2 fan right now, chances are I will be in favor of the PS3 over the XBOX 360, but we will have to see how it pans out.

No comments: